PERCEEV (“we”, “our”, “us”) a California corporation, respects and values your privacy and is committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected and handled with due care.
If, during the Services, we collect your personal information on behalf of a third party, such as one of our customers who is an event organizer OR official timing company through which you register for the event (“our Client”/”Client”), this will be brought to your attention at the time you provide your personal information. This information provided on behalf of the third party may include: name, gender, city, bib number, type of event, age group, email address or club name. This Policy does not cover our Clients’ use of your personal information outside of our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our Clients, as such we encourage you to read their respective privacy statements.
We will only collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do so. The information below summarizes the sources from which that information was collected, the types and categories of personal information we collect, how we use the personal information, and the legal basis for our use of such personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PERCEEV collects your personal data from the following sources, but not limited to:
- When you visit any of our websites we collect cookies (“cookies”).
- When you visit our site and create an event management account or login to a personal account for the management of services we offer.
- When you use our Mobile App.
- When you use a 3rd party service “timing company” that allows the collection of data from an RFID transponder to obtain the data of each participant.
- When you opt-in to partake in a competition, game, promotional offer, survey, on our website or the Mobile Apps.
- When you are on a forum or chat service and ask questions relating to any of our services or during customer support inquiries.
- When you register yourself to receive marketing newsletters or analytic reports.
TYPE AND CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We may collect data related to your use of our websites including where you came in from, login details, pages you visited, duration of your visit, geographic location, and/or the links you click. Technical data collected includes your browser type and operating system, device data, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and your unique ID, which is given to each visitor, and expiration date of the ID. Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and information protected by California Security Breach Law.
- We will collect personal data during log in and the creation of an event management account. We may ask you to provide the following: first and last name, personal and professional email address, desired password, phone number, date of birth, and other profile data such as; height, weight, gender, country, social media user profile (where you use your social media login or share this personal data with us). Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and Information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
- We collect information when creating an account and when using the Mobile app prior to, during and after an endurance event. We may ask you to provide the following: first and last name, personal and professional email address, desired password, phone number, date of birth, your current location (geolocation), other profile data such as height, weight, gender, country, contact information, application or device usage data, social media data (where you use your social media login or share this personal data with us). Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and Information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
- Participant Data: One of Perceev’s main business objectives is to track participants as they race around an event course. We track the participants via 3rd party timing solutions as well as participants that opt-in to use a connected device: mobile phone, watch or 3rd party GPS tracker. Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and Information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
- When you register yourself to receive marketing newsletters or analytic reports we may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, information about your activities and interests, and other information you have shared with us about yourself in relation to registration (which may include activities and interests). Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and Information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
- When you are on a forum or chat service and ask questions relating to any of our services or during customer support inquiries, we may collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, information about your activities and interests, and other information you have shared with us about yourself in relation to your enquiry. Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data and Information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
- When you opt-in to partake in a competition, games, promotional offer, or survey on our website or the Mobile Apps, we may collect and/or ask you to provide: First and last name, personal and professional email address, desired password, phone number, date of birth, and other profile data such as height, weight, gender, country, social media profile (where you use your social media login or share this personal data with us) for the following:
- Surveys and Polls
- Chat services and forums
Categories we collect: identifiers, commercial data, Internet data, geo-location data, inference data, profile data, associated data, and information protected by the California Security Breach Law.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
- Improve website or app performance;
- Provide a better user experience which will include personalization of content catered to you through your history of usage of Perceev’s Services;
- To create new products and services based on feedback and usage history;
- Monitor and improve our Services and Mobile App; we run analytics and statistics to make the solution better.
- Communicate with you using the Mobile app or platform:
- To receive “Athlete Notifications” when you track the participant on the app. You will also automatically receive event notifications as well as participant notification.
- Technical support or customer service;
- Notification and resolution of potential service outage.
- Remember you and your personal history for easier access to Mobile Apps or websites, as well as safety to protect against fraud;
- Improve location based service for tracking and optimization;
- Send out marketing newsletters;
- For reporting and other uses of anonymized data; anonymized data (also known as de-identified information or aggregated non-personal data) is different from personal information.
- Use of Compile analytics and statistics on app or service performance, crashes, errors and bugs to help app or services be more efficient or run smoother;
- Provide analytics and statistics for marketing purposes, such as: number of downloads, the average number of sessions on the app or services during a live event, duration on the app per session, most page visited, most watch person, etc…
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING THE DATA
Our legal basis for using this data includes:
- Your consent, performance of a contract so you can create and manage your account, our legitimate interests which include to improve our Sites and Services, to better engage with you, prevent fraud, and secure our Sites, and to comply with a legal obligation (to keep information we are required to keep).
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH 3RD PARTIES
We do not pass on your personal data to a third party without your consent, unless:
- PERCEEV is required by law or in an emergency to pass on your personal data to public authorities; or
- if a reorganization or a transfer of business ownership takes place at PERCEEV as a result PERCEEV is required furnish personal data to new management or organization.
THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
NOTE: If you have a security-related concern please contact us immediately at [email protected].
Data Security: Perceev uses the world’s most comprehensive cloud computing platform which has the most robust security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as firewalls to block access, HTTPS and TLS (Transport Layer Security) to transfer, and storage encryption to protect data at rest.
While no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, we continually monitor our systems and use all commercially reasonable methods to keep personal information securely in our files and systems. With current technology, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data from all possible attacks or intrusions on our servers or guarantee the security of your data as it travels over the Internet. Thus, you hereby release Perceev from liability for any such possible attacks or intrusions that might compromise the security of your personal data.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Perceev is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Perceev complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. However, Perceev cannot be held liable for any damages caused by third parties.
Preceev participates in and has compliance with the EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK as well as the SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK. We are committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from European Union (EU) member countries, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, visit www.privacyshield.gov
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request
RIGHTS OF INSPECTION AND REMOVAL
You can inspect and update most of your personal data by logging into your account, PERCEEV’s website for event creation and management and/or PERCEEV’S Mobile App. You can apply to inspect your data at PERCEEV or request PERCEEV to change or remove the data by submitting an email to: [email protected]. PERCEEV may be required by law to keep certain personal data and PERCEEV cannot remove or update that personal data at your request. Please bear in mind that, after we update or remove your data at your request, that data may be present in our backups for some time until those backups are also deleted.
PERCEEV sometimes processes personal data at the instruction of its customers. PERCEEV has no control over the personal data processed by PERCEEV’s customers themselves. PERCEEV therefore cannot change any competition results and other data on the website of an event in which you have taken part. You may contact the organizer of the event with a request to inspect, update or correct such data.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California Residents may have certain rights in connection with the personal information we collect about you, many of which are subject to exceptions under applicable law:
The right to access and disclosure.
You may have the right to request, twice during a twelve-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information; the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information, and;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
The right to deletion.
You may have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
How to exercise your access and deletion rights
California residents may exercise their California privacy rights by submitting your request to Submit Request, or by contacting us at 1-800-552-7678.
For security purposes, we will verify your identity – in part by requesting certain information from you — when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. For instance, you may need to provide your name and email address. To request that we provide you with the specific pieces of personal information we have from you or to delete personal information we have collected from you, we may also need to ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
Once we have verified your identity (and your agent, as applicable), we will respond to your request as appropriate:
Where you have requested the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, we will respond by email providing such categories.
Where you have requested specific pieces of personal information, we will provide the information you have requested, except where not permitted under applicable law or otherwise exempted by the CCPA. For instance, we may not disclose government ID or financial account numbers as such disclosure may create an unreasonable risk to your personal information, your account with us, or our business systems.
Where you have requested that we delete personal information that we have collected from you, we will delete, de-identify or aggregate any information about you that is not necessary for the purposes indicated above. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
If we are unable to complete your requests fully for any of the reasons above, we will provide you with additional information about the reasons that we could not comply with your request.
The right to nondiscrimination.
We will not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. California law broadly defines “sale” such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as IP address and/or browsing behavior, to deliver targeted advertising.
If you would like to opt out, you may do so as outlined on the following page: Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above. We will take steps to verify both (1) the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above and (2) that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf by providing us with a copy of a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You yourself can decide whether you wish to accept cookies or whether you want your browser to notify you when a cookie is installed. You can also remove cookies installed from your computer, tablet or smartphone at any time.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age.
Perceev does not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. Perceev does not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
Persons under the age of 13 are not permitted to create accounts unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will immediately delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
Address: 300 108A #423 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Email address: [email protected]
If you have a privacy concern, or have questions or suggestions about how we can improve this policy, please contact us at [email protected] or contact us at https://perceev.io
If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you have more options. Residents in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland may also have the right to contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Finally, you can also refer a complaint to our chosen independent dispute resolution body https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield and in certain circumstances, invoke the Privacy Shield arbitration process.